Skip to main content

Section 113 CPC - Code of Civil Procedure - Reference to High Court

 Section 113 CPC Description

Subject to such conditions and limitations as may be prescribed, any Court may state a case and refer the same for the opinion of the High Court, and the High Court may make such Order thereon as it thinks fit:

1[Provided that where the Court is satisfied that a case pending before it involve; a question as to the validity of any Act, Ordinance or Regulation or of any provision contained in an Act, Ordinance or Regulation, the determination of which ii necessary for the disposal of the case, and is of opinion that such Act, Ordinance Regulation or provision is invalid or inoperative, but has not been so declared b; the High Court to which that Court is subordinate or by the Supreme Court, the Court shall state a case setting out its opinion and the reasons therefore, and refer the same for the opinion of the High Court.

Explanation.-In this section "Regulation" means any Regulation of the Bengal Bombay or Madras Code or Regulation as defined in the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897) or in the General Clauses Act of a State.]


Andhra Pradesh-In the Explanation to section 113 after the words "any Regulation of the Bengal, Bombay or Madras Code" insert the words "or any Regulation of the Madras Code in force, in the State of Andhra as it existed immediately before the 1st Nov. 1956".

[Vide Andhra Pradesh Adoption of Laws (Second Amendment) Orders, 1954 (w.e.f. 1-10-1953) and Andhra Pradesh A.L. (Amendment) Order 1957 (w.e.f. 1-11-1956).]

Tamil Nadu-In the Explanation to section 113 after the words "any Regulation of the Bengal, Bombay or Madras Code" insert the words "or any Regulation of the Madras Code in force in the territories specified in Second Schedule to the Andhra Pradesh and Madras (Alteration of Boundaries) Act, 1959."

[Vide Madras (Added Territories) Adaptation of Laws Order, 1961 (w.e.f. 1-4-1960).]

1. Added by Act 24 of 1951, sec. 2 (w.e.f. 1-4-1951).

Click here to read more from the Code of Civil Procedure (CPC), 1908.

Find the best lawyer for CPC Section 113 charges



Popular posts from this blog

INCOME TAX SECTION 32AD - Investment in new plant or machinery in notified backward areas in certain States

 Description (1) Where an assessee, sets up an undertaking or enterprise for manufacture or production of any article or thing, on or after the 1st day of April, 2015 in any backward area notified by the Central Government in this behalf, in the State of Andhra Pradesh or in the State of Bihar or in the State of Telangana or in the State of West Bengal, and acquires and installs any new asset for the purposes of the said undertaking or enterprise during the period beginning on the 1st day of April, 2015 and ending before the 1st day of April, 2020 in the said backward area, then, there shall be allowed a deduction of a sum equal to fifteen per cent of the actual cost of such new asset for the assessment year relevant to the previous year in which such new asset is installed. (2) If any new asset acquired and installed by the assessee is sold or otherwise transferred, except in connection with the amalgamation or demerger or re-organisation of business referred to in clause (xiii)or cla

60 Minute Marriage Counselling Session On Phone

Description A 60 minute phone call with an expert Marriage\Relationship Counselor to discuss your marriage\relationship related issues. Counselling aims to resolve issues and improve communication in a relationship. Couples’ counselling works with both people in the relationship, however sessions can start with one individual, working towards the involvement of the other partner. What's Included a) 60 minute phone call with the counselor where you can discuss all your issues and seek guidance. What's Not Included a) Counselling session via meeting

Send Legal Notice for Divorce

 India being a secular country derives a large part of its laws from various religious practices. One such area of law is Divorce law of India. A divorce case in India can be initiated by either party based on the procedure relevant as per the law applicable to the parties. However, the procedure for divorce always starts with sending a legal notice.   Either party can send a legal notice to the other spouse intimating his/her intent to initiate legal proceedings for divorce. Sending a legal notice acts as a formal way of communication by one party to the other acting as a warning and at the same time creating chances for a last attempt for conciliation, if possible. Connect with an expert lawyer for your legal issue   What is a legal notice for divorce? A legal notice refers to a formal communication to a person or the opposite party in a case, informing him/her about one’s intention to undertake legal proceedings against him/her. Therefore, a legal notice for divorce is a formal inti