Skip to main content

Affidavit for Change of Name

              Affidavit for Change of Name 

An affidavit is a written statement from an individual which is sworn to be true. It is an oath that what the individual is saying is the truth. An affidavit is used along with witness statements to prove the truthfulness of a certain statement in court. An individual can offer an Affidavit, as long as they have the mental capacity to understand the seriousness of the oath. The contents of an affidavit reflect the personal knowledge of the individual making the statement. This means that an individual making an affidavit cannot be penalised for failing to include information of which they were not aware. knowledge can in some circumstances, include personal opinion rather than fact.

      This is a kind of affidavit that is used when a person is using more than one name without changing his or her name legally. It may also be called an affidavit of one and the Affidavit of same person, meaning the two or more names refers to one or the same person.

       Affidavit of One is usually used when you have different names on your educational documents, initials are missing, middle or last name skipped or you are using a different name without the name change affidavit.

Reasons for name change?

Reason for change on name can be carried out by following reasons:

1. Marriage

2. Divorce

3. Dislike Current Name

4. Religious Reasons

5. Political Context

6. Change of Gender

7. Identity Makeover

 What is the eligibility for changing name legally?

Changing Name is very common in India and can be adopt due to various reasons. The eligibility for Changing of Name is just that the applicant should be of 18 years or above. The Minor applicant can also change his/her name but in that case the Parents need to carry out the process on behalf of the Minor Child.

Types of Affidavit for change of name

Name Change Affidavit

The affidavit is used legally make changes in a name in each document and also for publishing the notification in the Gazette of India.

Name Change after Marriage

The affidavit can be used of by the woman applicant looking for the changes in their last name after marriage and then the same get published in other types of documents.

Name change for Minors

The affidavit requires to be filled in cases of change of name in minors. The affidavit requires to be presented by the parents or guardians. The other procedures will remain the same.

Name change on Passport

Annexure D is made for name change affidavit in passport, particularly changes with regard to the name of the woman applicant after marriage. Along these, in the event that one can make changes in last name by birth in a passport

Annexure E is made for passport name correction affidavit irrespective of whether it is major or minor change. However in the event that one will get a name changed in the passport. 

       A name correction affidavit is the best way to separate the grain from the chaff and to disown the incorrect versions of a name that might have crept in any document by error. It is important to have this affidavit created in case your name has been printed wrongly in any document because it may become difficult to prove that it is the same person being referred to, owing to the different spelling of the name. Any potential employment or educational opportunity may be at risk, if the qualifying documents carry different names/spellings because of the cautious nature adopted by the authorities to prevent impersonation

          Changing one’s name, adding initials or even just one letter is regular in India, more so than in many parts of the world. We believe in Vaastu, numerology, and it’s common for women from many communities to change their first and last names after marriage. Given how common this is, you would expect the procedure of your name change application to be fairly quick. But it is, in fact, pretty lengthy, with name change forms to be filled out and even requiring a newspaper advertisement. 


Popular posts from this blog

INCOME TAX SECTION 32AD - Investment in new plant or machinery in notified backward areas in certain States

 Description (1) Where an assessee, sets up an undertaking or enterprise for manufacture or production of any article or thing, on or after the 1st day of April, 2015 in any backward area notified by the Central Government in this behalf, in the State of Andhra Pradesh or in the State of Bihar or in the State of Telangana or in the State of West Bengal, and acquires and installs any new asset for the purposes of the said undertaking or enterprise during the period beginning on the 1st day of April, 2015 and ending before the 1st day of April, 2020 in the said backward area, then, there shall be allowed a deduction of a sum equal to fifteen per cent of the actual cost of such new asset for the assessment year relevant to the previous year in which such new asset is installed. (2) If any new asset acquired and installed by the assessee is sold or otherwise transferred, except in connection with the amalgamation or demerger or re-organisation of business referred to in clause (xiii)or cla

60 Minute Marriage Counselling Session On Phone

Description A 60 minute phone call with an expert Marriage\Relationship Counselor to discuss your marriage\relationship related issues. Counselling aims to resolve issues and improve communication in a relationship. Couples’ counselling works with both people in the relationship, however sessions can start with one individual, working towards the involvement of the other partner. What's Included a) 60 minute phone call with the counselor where you can discuss all your issues and seek guidance. What's Not Included a) Counselling session via meeting

Send Legal Notice for Divorce

 India being a secular country derives a large part of its laws from various religious practices. One such area of law is Divorce law of India. A divorce case in India can be initiated by either party based on the procedure relevant as per the law applicable to the parties. However, the procedure for divorce always starts with sending a legal notice.   Either party can send a legal notice to the other spouse intimating his/her intent to initiate legal proceedings for divorce. Sending a legal notice acts as a formal way of communication by one party to the other acting as a warning and at the same time creating chances for a last attempt for conciliation, if possible. Connect with an expert lawyer for your legal issue   What is a legal notice for divorce? A legal notice refers to a formal communication to a person or the opposite party in a case, informing him/her about one’s intention to undertake legal proceedings against him/her. Therefore, a legal notice for divorce is a formal inti